Long-Term Acute Care Hospital
Our Long-Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACHs) provide an intensive acute level of care to medically complex patients requiring longer hospitalizations.
Promoting recovery from the most critical and complex medical-surgical conditions, each hospital is led by a team of multidisciplinary staff of specialized physicians and experienced caregivers, including nurses, nutritionists, respiratory and rehabilitation therapists, and case managers.
Our LTACHs are equipped with an Intensive Care Unit, isolation rooms, and specialized care rooms to meet our patients’ unique needs. We offer similar services as Short Term Acute Care Hospitals do, including cardiac monitoring, specialized nursing, therapy, and daily physician monitoring.
Our patients include those suffering from complex and comorbid conditions including respiratory and pulmonary failure often requiring mechanical ventilation. We also frequently treat patients with complex wounds and severe infections.
Since our patients' conditions tend to be complex, we accept referrals at any time of day or night, 365 days a year, so we can immediately focus on providing the highest level of medical care to facilitate a speedy recovery.
|We treat patients with severe comorbid conditions, including:|
- MRSA, VRE, MDRO, ESBL, TB, CRE, HIV
- Multiple organ failure
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Pressure/ischemic ulcers/abscess
- Post-surgical & post trauma wounds
- Diabetic ulcers
- Nectorizing fasciitis
- Complicated cellulitis
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Respiratory failure
- Endotracheal & tracheostomy tubes
- Ventilator dependence
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pleural effusions
- Interstitial lung disease
|Our LTACHs offer highly skilled professionals trained to care specifically for patients who require advanced therapies, including:|
- Anti-viral therapy
- Line placement - PICC, central, perma-cath
- Hemodynamic monitoring - IV drips
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Nutritional support-TPN/tube feedings
- Isolation rooms
- Rehab services including PT, OT, ST
- Negative pressure wound VAC therapy
- High flow oxygen therapy/CPAP/BiPaP
- Tracheostomy management/decannulation
- Ventilator management & weaning
- Chest tube management
- Pulmonary rehab services
- Respiratory therapy 24/7
- Percutaneous tracheostomy
- IV antibiotic therapy